How to avoid online scams: “Congratulations!”
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
They want you
- Congratulations… you are our 1,o00,000 visitor
- Congratulations, you have been chosen
- Congratulations, you are one of 100 lucky people to be
- iPads at 90% off!
- Target free giveaway $500 vouchers!
, your identity, your money, your passwords, your machine.
It has a value and you really don’t want them to have it.
Learn to read the signs
- Dating site scams
- Shopping scams
- Email scams
- Extortion scams
- Investment schemes (read as “scams”)
. Sniff test:
What you can do
- Is it too good to be true?
- Look for the lock
- Is the site legitimate and trustworthy?
- If you roll your mouse over a link, is the link pointing to a funny name site?
- Are there spelling mistakes?
- Do you know the person?
- Don’t click it
- Shut it down
- Don’t give them anything
- Don’t share with other people
- Google it first to see if other people find the site suspicious
- Check snopes.com or scamadviser.com
- Check if their website is legitimate
For more information, visit:
To learn more about how I can help you streamline your organisation:
1. Grab a free copy of the free 18 Epic Solutions guide
Identify the most common crappy tasks and ways to resolve them so that you can get the best out of your team and technology. — Download here
2. Join our DIGITAL FORWARD PROGRAM and transformation your organisation
If you know you need to transform online: I'm working with a few leaders for the next 8 weeks to help them get clarity with their digital strategy to save thousands of hours over $50K in the next year. If you'd like to start this month, shoot me an email with the word FORWARD, and I'll get you all the details.
3. Book a strategy call
If you have outgrown your systems or they are not serving you anymore or they just feel painful, then book in for a free strategy call to get clarity on your goals and arrange your next steps.
4. Work with me and my team privately
If you'd like to work directly with me and my team to save thousands of hours of wasted time each year... just send me a message with the word PRIVATE... tell me a little about your organisation and what you'd like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details.