- Congratulations… you are our 1,o00,000 visitor
- Congratulations, you have been chosen
- Congratulations, you are one of 100 lucky people to be
- iPads at 90% off!
- Target free giveaway $500 vouchers!
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
They want you, your identity, your money, your passwords, your machine.
It has a value and you really don’t want them to have it.
- Dating site scams
- Shopping scams
- Email scams
- Extortion scams
- Investment schemes (read as “scams”)
Learn to read the signs. Sniff test:
- Is it too good to be true?
- Look for the lock
- Is the site legitimate and trustworthy?
- If you roll your mouse over a link, is the link pointing to a funny name site?
- Are there spelling mistakes?
- Do you know the person?
What you can do:
- Don’t click it
- Shut it down
- Don’t give them anything
- Don’t share with other people
- Google it first to see if other people find the site suspicious
- Check snopes.com or scamadviser.com
- Check if their website is legitimate
For more information, visit: